Wednesday, May 28, 2008

La vie Francais




Finally I am coming to grips with the finer points of La Vie Francais.

I have learned to look to the left before I cross, walk on the right side of the pavement, avoid the dog droppings, open and close the shutters, and not show too much surprise when I trip over a dog on the tram.
Dogs are welcome everywhere it seems. In the trams, buses and also trains, along with bikes! Restaurants and shops (and maybe hotels) are also accessible to canine companions!

I have learnt the ins and outs of public transport, how to ask for a hot chocolate and "le compte s'il vous plait."

Today we go to either la plage at Palevas, or to Nimes to see yet more Roman ruins.
Yesterday I finally visited the Musee Fabre.
After a taxing morning in class, grappling with the finer points of French grammar, I only managed to see about half the art works but what I saw I enjoyed. I have come to the conclusion, that apart from some of the Flemish painters, I prefer the art of the 19th and 20th centuries. The works by local artists interest me because often I can recognise the locations.

No comments: